Proverbs Week 9 Discussion Questions
- When it comes to the nature of temptation, what’s your prevailing attitude: ignorant/hopeless/deflecting/arrogant?
- Read Proverbs 5:1-23...
- How does the father’s description of temptation play itself out in other areas of Scripture? Where do we see this actually happening?
- Is anyone willing to share how temptation has seduced and enticed them, either in the past or even now?
- Read Hebrews 4:14-16...Why is Jesus’ obedience in the face of temptation important to understand? What does it mean to “draw near the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”? Who here is in need? Who is being tempted? Where is the grass supposedly greener? Who’s enslaved?
- Read Ephesians 6:10-20...What does it look like to put this armor on? What kind of lifestyle does this describe? How does our redemption in Christ empower this lifestyle?