Proverbs Week 7 Discussion Questions
Each week, I'll be doing my best to post the general questions given to each MC leader to frame out their discussion. My hope is to expose participants to the questions prior to discussion to come ready to confess and repent amongst their brothers and sisters in Christ.
- How would you describe the differences between the selfish and selfless pursuit of wisdom?
- Read Proverbs 3:13-35...
- What is the gain and profit (Vs 14) of godly wisdom? What makes finding it a blessing?
- Why is the pursuit of wisdom distorted to a selfish rather than selfless endeavor?
- Read verses 19-20...Why is the eternality of wisdom important to grasp? How does this expand our understanding of wisdom’s inherent value?
- Read verses 34-35...How is godly wisdom humbling? How does it bring honor?
- What wisdom of the world has been the focus of your attention lately? How has this been motivated by selfish desires? How do these selfish desires relate to how you project yourself? How you build your identity apart from Christ?
- Read 1 Corinthians 1:18-31...How does seeing yourself as “blessed” in Christ change these motives and desires? How do you apply selfless wisdom in response to the gospel? As part of this MC? In your neighborhood?